Questions to Ask When Considering an Apartment Community Repaint
The best place to start is with your budget. Some budgeting questions you should be asking are:
- What is the best season to plan a repaint?
- Where does a full repaint fall on my CapEx spend list in terms of priority?
- Last time I painted how much did it cost?
- How much does it cost for one building vs. multiple buildings?
- Could this wait a year?
- Are there any aesthetic repairs that need to be made?
- Should I repaint the community all at once?
After you have your budget in place, it’s time to build out your scope of work. Not sure where to start? Below is a list of surfaces and locations that are typically painted throughout an apartment community:
- EIFS/ Stucco
- Gutters/ Downspouts
- Wood/ metal railings
- Common hallways
- Light poles/ signs
- Metal lintels
Now that you have your budget in place and your scope identified, before signing on the dotted line ask your contractor the following questions.
- Do you require a mobilization deposit?
- Do you have experience painting apartment communities?
- Do you use employees or subcontractors? Why or why not?
- What does your general liability policy look like?
- Do you have examples of your last two completed repaints?
- Do you have the appropriate level of insurance?
- Can you show me a documented schedule?
- Who will be my main point of contact?
- What happens if you fall behind schedule?
- How do I know I’m getting what I paid for?
- How do I know we’re on schedule?
- Who will communicate updates to me over the course of the project?
- What happens when there is a resident complaint?
If you have any questions surrounding budgeting, scope, or what you should be asking your contractor, click here to reach out to our sales team for guidance.
7 Reasons to Repaint Your Commercial Property This Year
Commercial painting is so much more than changing the color of a wall. Repainting your commercial property can breathe life […]Read On
General Repair Practices for your Apartment Community
We get it, budget constraints don’t allow you to spend six figures on a full repaint, but a few small […]Read On